Your privacy is important to us, so please take a moment to read Ken-Jennings.com's policies regarding how we use your personally identifying information.
- We collect some basic information via the voluntary submission of our users. For example, you are required to submit an e-mail address in order to receive certain free and optional services, such as our mailing list or posting rights on our message boards.
- We also track user traffic to our website, to obtain broad statistical information about our readership and how they view pages. For example, we may log data about your browser and Internet Service Provider. This information is only used in aggregate and is never correlated to individual users, however.
- Portions of the site may store small bits of informations called "cookies" on the hard drive of your computer. These cookies help improve user experience--to allow you to log in automatically to the message boards, for example, or to enable the "usage tracking" described in 2. You may opt out of these cookies by disabling them in your browser. You will still be able to use the website, but may not be able to participate in certain optional services--posting on the message boards, for example.
- We comply with federal law in that we never knowingly request personal information from users under 13 years of age.
- None of the personally identifying information described above, including e-mail addresses, will ever be shared with any third parties under any circumstances, in individual or aggregated form, except with your explicit consent or to comply with applicable laws.
Users of Ken-Jennings.com consent to the collection of some limited personal information, as outlined above. They also agree to be bound by the following conditions:
- The content on Ken-Jennings.com is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and other nations, and you agree to abide by the site's copyright notices. You will not reproduce, republish, or redistribute site content without the permission of the copyright holder.
- By posting content on Ken-Jennings.com, you give us the right to display such content, and use and distribute it in any way we deem useful.
- You understand that all user content posted here is the sole responsibility of the individual poster. You understand that all opinions expressed by users represent only those individuals, and do not represent this site or its administrators. Ken-Jennings.com cannot review every post in its various forums. We do not warrant the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or usefulness of user-posted content, and hence will not be held liable for such content, including any loss or damange incurred as a result of its use.
- In their own contributions to any public forums on the website, including but not limited to blog comments and message board posts, users will abide by the Comment and Message Board Guidelines listed below. Users who violate these policies may be subject to any of the following: deletion or modification of the unacceptable post(s), official warnings, and the suspension or permanent banning of the member and the member's IP address.
- Ken-Jennings.com reserves the right to change, at any time and at our sole discretion, these terms and policies. The latest modifications will always be available on this page; you are responsible for regularly reviewing them. Your continued use of Ken-Jennings.com constitutes your agreement to all the terms and policies listed here.
Comment and Message Board Guidelines
- You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually oriented material. You also agree not to post any material that may violate any applicable laws.
- We ask that you show consideration for fellow posters. Criticism of other board members and their arguments is permitted, as long as it remains polite and doesn't stoop to the level of insult.
- References to commercial endeavors, other blogs, and the like may only be posted if they're relevant to the current discussion.
- This is an all-ages forum. Profanity and objectionably graphic material (as determined by the administrators) isn't allowed.
- You agree to abide by intellectual property law in your posts here. Don't post copyrighted material beyond accepted "fair use" without permission of the rights holder. Don't post a copyrighted article in its entirety without permission; post a link instead.
- You agree not to falsify your identity by, for example, representing yourself as another person or posting under multiple usernames.
- Remember that you are solely responsible for your posts, and may be held legally liable for their content.