Ken Jennings

Message Boards

Welcome aboard

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

Welcome aboard

Postby Ken Jennings » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:07 am

Thanks for checking out the brand spanking new Ken-Jennings.com and its (even brander, spanking-er) new message boards. We hope you enjoy your stay and check back in often. My name is Ken; I'll be your cruise director.

Please keep in mind when you post here that whatever you write will be read by your fellow board denizens as well as by me, TV's Ken Jennings. (Cleverly chosen username: "Ken Jennings.") Time and interest permitting, I may even respond. So, please, only post if you plan to observe the guidelines of courtesy and respect and blah blah blah stickied to the top of this board.

Personal confession: I have never tried to organize or moderate any kind of Internet forum before. I rarely even post on the things. So this is, for me, a brave new experiment in interpersonal dynamics and community-building. In that regard, I see myself as a kind of 21st-century pioneer or explorer. I am undeterred by the hundreds of other nearly-identical open-source message boards that have also appeared on the Internet this very morning! Mine is trailblazing and unique!

Which is another way of saying, we have no idea what we're doing here or what it will turn into, but hopefully it'll be interesting and grow organically into a fun place to hang out.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Ken
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Return to Main Forum