Ken Jennings

Message Boards

I didn't get Tuesday Trivia this week! What do I do?

Complain and commiserate about the weekly quiz.

I didn't get Tuesday Trivia this week! What do I do?

Postby Ken Jennings » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:58 pm

If you've received the quiz in weeks past, you're definitely signed up. Don't run to the website and re-enroll multiple times, unless you want to receive two or three emails from now on. It just means your ISP blocked the mail, probably because it thought it was spam.

There's really no good way around this for me. The quiz goes out to 13,000 or so subscribers every week, and that gives many providers reason to decide that it's spam. Even if everything goes right, my hosting company tells me that 15% of the mails I send will get blocked somewhere along the line.

Some suggestions:
1. Check your bulk or spam folder to see if your mail provider put the quiz there. Remember to dig down below any postdated spam at the top of the mailbox.
2. Put the tuesdaytrivia email address in your email "whitelist" or address book so this doesn't happen again.
3. If you have a second email account with a different provider, you may want to sign up using that address as well.
4. If you're desperate for this week's quiz, send a request to the tuesdaytrivia [at] [this website] email address, and the graders will try to get you a copy at their earliest convenience.

Thanks for playing and for your patience!
Last edited by Ken Jennings on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby Lilly » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:54 am

I just have one thing to add:

When you send an email requesting a missing copy of Tuesday Trivia, please put something in the subject line regarding this. (Something like "Please send Tuesday Trivia" or "Didn't get Tuesday Trivia".) That way, when the graders look at the emails, it stands out from the answer submissions and is more likely to get taken care of earlier.
Lilly

Postby Isaac Cashman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:44 am

May I suggest as the subject line "Missing Tuesday Trivia"
Isaac Cashman

Please send Tuesday Trivia -- not received

Postby tokebi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:29 am

pls send TT -- not received last week
tokebi

Re: Please send Tuesday Trivia -- not received

Postby AndySaunders » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:10 am

tokebi wrote:pls send TT -- not received last week

I'm sorry. I can't -- for a couple of reasons:

1. You didn't follow the instructions listed higher in the thread.
2. I would have absolutely no idea where to send it to...which is why you'd need to follow the instructions listed higher in the thread.
--

Andy Saunders
AndySaunders

Postby Edsmat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:51 am

Wow, did Ken Jennings really reply to my post? I admire Ken Jennings so much because he's too smart. He's the reason why I discovered that I love trivia; that's why I got off my nates and started to pursue the intriguing world of trivia. I'm still a loser, but there's hope for me in the future. Here's one last query: Does Ken Jennings read the trivia answers that we submit? I ask him some questions, and he doesn't respond. I'm very curious about grammar, too, so I ask him questions that regard that subject. I tell him to correct my grammar and stuff. Is that inappropriate? Anyway, I think that I answered 5 questions correctly. My name is Ed Magallon, and it doesn't appear on the scoreboard. Feel free to correct my grammar. Thank you.
Edsmat

Postby econgator » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Edsmat wrote:Wow, did Ken Jennings really reply to my post? I admire Ken Jennings so much because he's too smart. He's the reason why I discovered that I love trivia; that's why I got off my nates and started to pursue the intriguing world of trivia. I'm still a loser, but there's hope for me in the future. Here's one last query: Does Ken Jennings read the trivia answers that we submit? I ask him some questions, and he doesn't respond. I'm very curious about grammar, too, so I ask him questions that regard that subject. I tell him to correct my grammar and stuff. Is that inappropriate? Anyway, I think that I answered 5 questions correctly. My name is Ed Magallon, and it doesn't appear on the scoreboard. Feel free to correct my grammar. Thank you.

It was probably Facebook-Ken-Jennings.
econgator

Postby Lilly » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:53 am

Hey, if anyone still hasn't gotten their trivia as of today (Wednesday), send me an email at the tuesday trivia address and I will get it out to you tonight. I'm ignoring requests from earlier in the week, since Ken resent the quiz and (hopefully) got it out to everybody.
Lilly

Postby braggtastic » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:44 am

I got three copies this week, none of which were formatted in the usual way.
braggtastic

Postby themanwho » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:01 am

Lilly wrote:... since Ken resent the quiz ...

I resent the quiz too, since I never know all the answers.

-M

(Edited to improve the "funny".)
Last edited by themanwho on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
themanwho

Postby Ken Jennings » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:37 am

braggtastic wrote:I got three copies this week, none of which were formatted in the usual way.

Hmm. What were the formatting differences?
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby Edsmat » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Thank you. I received mine.
Ed Magallon. I only shower once a month; don't worry because I'm too indolent to produce sweat.
Edsmat

Postby braggtastic » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 pm

All three copies were the same, but it's possible I was mistaken. At first I thought the font was larger and more spaced out than normal. However, now that I look at it again, it may just have been that the beginning paragraphs were all one sentence long, giving the appearance of extra spacing.
braggtastic

Postby melissa » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:35 pm

braggtastic wrote:I got three copies this week, none of which were formatted in the usual way.

I got three, also, but they were identical. I deleted two.
melissa

Postby Edsmat » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:39 am

Are the scores for everyone updated because I submitted my answers for two weeks, but they only include my score from the first week.
Ed Magallon. I only shower once a month; don't worry because I'm too indolent to produce sweat.
Edsmat

Postby braggtastic » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:25 pm

I submitted my answers yesterday, but the scoreboard is not showing that they were received. I got #7 right away this time and am proud of my results for a change.
braggtastic

Postby edvz » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:14 pm

I didn't get mine either.

Address isn't on blocked/deleted list, nor the email in the junk folder.

Could be it wasn't sent.
edvz

Postby Ken Jennings » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:21 pm

No, it was sent.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby edvz » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Was there a mailing list in the To box, this time?
- an unknown address would be blocked.
edvz

Postby Browne85 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:13 pm

I have sent an email to Tuesday Trivia every day since Tuesday about the missing quiz. I even tried signing up 2 other email accounts yesterday hoping to receive it. Is there anything else I can do to ensure I get this weeks questions?
Browne85

Postby Ken Jennings » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Sometimes Lilly, who grades the quiz, doesn't check that account every single day; sending a new email every day is like pressing an elevator button 20 times. The elevator's still only going to come one.

Somebody might be able to PM you a copy if you can't wait for us to get to your email.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby edvz » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:04 pm

I don't see why the quiz couldn't be posted here this once,

(and maybe a good idea for the future).
edvz

Postby Lilly » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:10 am

Ken Jennings wrote:Sometimes Lilly, who grades the quiz, doesn't check that account every single day; sending a new email every day is like pressing an elevator button 20 times. The elevator's still only going to come once.

haha, that's a perfect analogy. I'm looking over the emails today, so I should be sending out copies to those of you who requested them.
Lilly

Postby Joshua Kreitzer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Not only did I not get this week's Tuesday Trivia, but I sent a request to the graders on Tuesday evening for another copy. But it still hasn't arrived yet.
Joshua Kreitzer

Postby Lilly » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:58 pm

That's because the grader just got hers today :-) I'll send copies out tonight to those who requested them.
Lilly

Next

Return to Tuesday Trivia