Ken Jennings

Message Boards

READ THIS FIRST: Tuesday Trivia Forum Guidelines

Complain and commiserate about the weekly quiz.

READ THIS FIRST: Tuesday Trivia Forum Guidelines

Postby Ken Jennings » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:51 am

At the suggestion of a couple readers, I've set up this forum as a place to talk about the weekly quiz. The main proviso here is the obvious one: NO SPOILERS. Any posts that discuss the content of the current quiz will be summarily deleted. Repeated infractions may lead to stricter measures.

Each week's quiz expires at noon Pacific time the following Monday, so that's the earliest that you can discuss that week's questions in a substantive way. More generic posts about the new quiz (it's easy, it's hard, I think I got 3, there's a typo in question 2) are allowed during the week, but anything that even threatens to tap-dance around hinting at answers will be removed.

If you're not currently signed up for the quiz, register by entering your email address in the left-hand sidebar of the blog: http://ken-jennings.com/blog/

Enjoy!

The Management
Last edited by Ken Jennings on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby WendellWit » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:53 pm

pssssst... Ken... I'm new here but I thought I'd let you know the link in your post goes to the kenjennings.com homepage, not ken-jennings.com. I'm probably the only one who ever clicked it, but if you want to edit your post and delete mine, go ahead. It'll just be our little blackma... I mean, secret.
WendellWit

Postby Ken Jennings » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:13 am

Ha! That's just my hyphen envy, I guess. Fixed.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

?

Postby tbone42617 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:16 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a place on the main page, or any of the side bars to enter my email address.

How do I sign up?
tbone42617

Re: ?

Postby Ken Jennings » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:53 pm

tbone42617 wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a place on the main page, or any of the side bars to enter my email address.

How do I sign up?

Look for the red box on the left sidebar of every static page on the site. Here, for example.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby Isaac Cashman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:49 am

Polite Suggestion:

You might consider rewording the Sticky to:

In order to get Teusday Trivia, you must sign up for Tuesday Trivia.
You will not get Teusday trivia if you sign up to post on the Message Board.

On the Homepage, the sign up box is under the picture of "Brainiac" . You may need to scroll down.
Isaac Cashman

answering the tuesday trivia

Postby pgavin36 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:44 am

I apologize if this is answered in another place. I did a brief search, but didn't find what I was looking for. My question is...do we simply reply to the Tuesday Trivia Challenge emails to post our answers? Or, is there another way to answer?

It might have helped if I'd read the entire email. Sorry about the post.
pgavin36

Re: answering the tuesday trivia

Postby econgator » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:58 am

pgavin36 wrote:I apologize if this is answered in another place. I did a brief search, but didn't find what I was looking for. My question is...do we simply reply to the Tuesday Trivia Challenge emails to post our answers? Or, is there another way to answer?

It might have helped if I'd read the entire email. Sorry about the post.

There are complete instructions at the bottom of each email.
econgator

Re: answering the tuesday trivia

Postby Craig S. Cottingham » Tue May 22, 2007 8:39 am

econgator wrote:There are complete instructions at the bottom of each email.

I finally signed up for the TT email last week, and there's one thing I'm fuzzy on. What's the etiquette on turning in incomplete answer sheets?

Last week, I knew the answers to two questions immediately, and had a pretty good guess for a third (which turned out to be wrong). I decided to wait to see if any others would come to me -- and then the deadline passed.

This week, I again know the answers to two questions, and am reasonably confident that I have the right answers for three more. Should I go ahead and send in some answers now, and possibly update with an additional email (or emails) later? Or do we get just one chance, so we have to make it a good one?[/i]
Craig S. Cottingham

Postby Ken Jennings » Tue May 22, 2007 8:54 am

I don't think we've ever banned multiple submissions, though (a) it makes things a little more complicated on the graders, and (b) you're definitely not allowed to re-answer questions already attempted.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

because the world should be customized for me, right?

Postby maren » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:54 pm

Okay, let's say today is tuesday. I have just discovered the Tuesday Trivia quiz and have promptly signed up, but I don't want to wait a whole week to participate! Is there any way to have the current quiz forwarded to me?
maren

Postby econgator » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:18 pm

Just send an email to tuesdaytrivia@ken-jennings.com
econgator

Where is my Tuesday Trivia

Postby janisluft » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:59 am

For the second time in 2008 and about the 6th time since I've been playing the past year I have NO Tuesday Trivia in my inbox. Each time I write I get the same advice about putting the address in my address book, but I have done that LONG AGO. What is going on, Guys?
janisluft

Re: Where is my Tuesday Trivia

Postby Craig S. Cottingham » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:50 am

janisluft wrote:For the second time in 2008 and about the 6th time since I've been playing the past year I have NO Tuesday Trivia in my inbox. Each time I write I get the same advice about putting the address in my address book, but I have done that LONG AGO. What is going on, Guys?

Surprisingly, the folks behind TT aren't Internet Gods -- not even Ken. The borderline-anarchic nature of the Internet means sometimes email messages don't get delivered, at no fault of the parties at either end.

While venting frustration can be cathartic, a polite request for resend directed to the address immediately above your post will likely be far more productive.
Craig S. Cottingham

Postby econgator » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:54 am

Another (easier) fix. Set up a hotmail/yahoo/gmail/etc account and have it sent to both addresses.
econgator

NO!!!!!!!! NO TRIVIA?

Postby farmtalk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Mr.Ken Jennings, I am a new member of this utopia website, and subscribed to your weekly tuesday trivia on monday because i am a fact freak... its late tuesday and i havent received the quiz yet? are u on vacation???? hey thats okay if you are because i love to take vacations to so no sweat:) :) :) :) (I just want to make sure that Im going to receive my quizzes)

Your website is totally radical!!!!

Awesome!!!!!

Amazing!!!!!

Insanium in the cranium!!!!

I give daily quizzes to you through the main forum.... see if you can answer them!!! :)

Thanks...

Farmtalk
farmtalk

Postby Ken Jennings » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:48 pm

If you signed up after Sunday, you won't be enrolled until next week. Sorry.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Read This First Guidelines

Postby farmtalk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:07 pm

It's okay.... I'll wait.........
farmtalk

signing up

Postby fozzy bear » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:31 am

i really cannot find how to signup in the sidebars. is there another way i can sign up?
fozzy bear

Re: signing up

Postby Ken Jennings » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:41 am

fozzy bear wrote:i really cannot find how to signup in the sidebars. is there another way i can sign up?

Not your fault; there was misinformation in the OP here that I've now edited. The trivia signup is now in the sidebar of the blog pages only. See http://ken-jennings.com/blog/ at left.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Re: READ THIS FIRST: Tuesday Trivia Forum Guidelines

Postby Jason Scott » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:36 am

Hello - We'd like to post one of your "Tuesday Trivia" questions per week on our blog. We'd basically be pulling the most classical allusion/literary/English Language related question and crediting you as the author. Would that be okay? I'm not finding any copyright info and don't want to run afoul of the law.
Jason Scott

Return to Tuesday Trivia