Ken Jennings

Message Boards

error in Maphead

Ken is the author of Because I Said So!, Maphead, Brainiac, and Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac.

Postby Ken Jennings » Mon May 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Only three or four times, not including Amazon, Twitter, and private email. Search feature is your friend.

Yeah, that's an egregious mistake that was fixed in the new paperback. I guess what I'm saying is you paid twice as others for much for a copy of the book with a couple dozen more typos and errors of fact in it. Sucker!
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby Ken Jennings » Mon May 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Hey, I've just been surprised that so many people from Alabama read chapter books!
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby Ken Jennings » Tue May 22, 2012 1:59 pm

I think the conventional wisdom is that the big three are the National Geographic, Times, and Oxford University Press atlases of the world. Price range is more or less the same (Oxford is a little cheaper) but I think the end decision just comes down to what kind of maps you like looking at--style choices like color, fonts, and layout might mean as much as factual content. I've been a NG guy my whole life but you can't go wrong with any of them.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby Ken Jennings » Wed May 23, 2012 8:39 am

Ha, I do the same thing re: colors. That's a telling little detail that could have gone in the book if I'd thought of it.

Goode's is a Rand McNally imprint geared at classrooms...more of an educational choice than an actual high-end home atlas.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Return to Books