Ken Jennings

Message Boards

I'm new here

Ken is the author of Because I Said So!, Maphead, Brainiac, and Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac.

I'm new here

Postby Dave M » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Hello all! I just wanted to say hi. I've been a Ken Jennings fan since his run and found this site while reading media interviews during the Watson appearance. I just picked up Brainiac at the library and am about 1/4 of the way through. Ken, if you're reading this, I'm enjoying it immensely. The story of your Jeopardy appearance is very interesting. I never knew you and I had such similar personalities until I started reading your interviews and the book. It's good to be in the presence of fellow nerds. I'll be lurking here every now and then and I'm sure I'll be learning a lot.

Dave
Dave M

Re: I'm new here

Postby Ken Jennings » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Dave M wrote:Hello all! I just wanted to say hi. I've been a Ken Jennings fan since his run and found this site while reading media interviews during the Watson appearance. I just picked up Brainiac at the library and am about 1/4 of the way through. Ken, if you're reading this, I'm enjoying it immensely. The story of your Jeopardy appearance is very interesting. I never knew you and I had such similar personalities until I started reading your interviews and the book. It's good to be in the presence of fellow nerds. I'll be lurking here every now and then and I'm sure I'll be learning a lot.

Thanks, glad you like the first 1/4 of the book! That's about where it takes a Borgesian twist and turns into an Eastern European history novel and then into a South American "magic realist work...you're in for some surprises!
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Return to Books