Ken Jennings

Message Boards

Edison

Ken is the author of Because I Said So!, Maphead, Brainiac, and Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac.

Edison

Postby kcaudrain » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:40 pm

I am very curious about this "questionnaire" of Thomas Edison's. Looking on line [i]I[/i] was only able to find a small selection (12 to be exact) of questions. Is it possible to find a copy of the complete questionnaire anywhere?
On the same subject, is it at all possible to get a copy of the Foregin Service "test"? I'm sure they update it from time to time, and I'm not trying to get into the Foregin Service and want to study up or anything, it just sounds really interesting, any ideas if it's possible to see any past tests?
thanks,
kc
TTFN
kcaudrain

Postby Ken Jennings » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:06 am

Oops, meant to reply to this and I guess I never did. The only way I know of to get the complete Edison questionnaire is to read the NY Times' expose, on May 11, 1921. Any library will have this on microfilm, or you can pay $5 or so to read it on-line from nytimes.com.

I assume old Foreign Service exams are published anywhere, for obvious reasons. The best way to see a sample of the questions would be to order the same study manual I did on-line. There might also be other commercial study manuals for the test available in stores. I'm not really sure.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby kcaudrain » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:32 am

K - thanks, I'll check it out!
Just thought it would be fun at school. :D
TTFN
kcaudrain

Postby Le Master » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:09 am

This reply is just a little late, but I can give you or anyone else who wants a scan of the article with the questions.
Le Master

Postby pedro35 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:50 am

I would like one.
Parabla a tu madre
pedro35

Return to Books