Ken Jennings

Message Boards

Muppet correction

Complain and commiserate about the weekly quiz.

Muppet correction

Postby RyanR » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:36 am

This is going to sound super-nerdy, but whatever. I'm a trivia fan, but I'm also a Muppet fan, which is why my geek flag went up on seeing this week's answers to last week's questions.

And so I am possessed with the undeniable urge to point out that the scientist character from The Muppet Show is not named "Bunson Honeydown," but in fact, "Bunsen Honeydew." He's named after a bunsen burner (because of the science thing) and a honeydew melon (because of his big, round, green-yellow head).

Also, one other notable Muppet with no eyes is Boober Fraggle from Fraggle Rock, whose eyes are obscured by both hair and hat.
RyanR

Re: Muppet correction

Postby econgator » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:05 am

RyanR wrote:And so I am possessed with the undeniable urge to point out that the scientist character from The Muppet Show is not named "Bunson Honeydown," but in fact, "Bunsen Honeydew." He's named after a bunsen burner (because of the science thing) and a honeydew melon (because of his big, round, green-yellow head).

To be fair, he got it correct in the question, he just misspelled it in his answer.
econgator

Postby Ken Jennings » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:17 am

I called him "Honeydown" in the answer? Oops. Just typing too fast, I guess.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby RyanR » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:31 am

It's cool. I wouldn't even have said anything, but... you know. Undeniable geeky urge.
RyanR

Return to Tuesday Trivia