Ken Jennings

Message Boards

Has Anyone Done This?

Complain and commiserate about the weekly quiz.

Has Anyone Done This?

Postby melissa » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:26 am

I was able to whip through questions 1-6 with little problem, and then got stumped on #7. I kept thinking about it all week, because it seemed like a "the answer's right in front of you, if you only think it out!" type question.

Then, late (very late!) last night, I was still pondering this, and came up with a really good answer. Unforunately, my screen froze on me, and I thought, "eh, finish it in the morning." Can I think of it now? Of course not! ARRGGHHH!!!!
melissa

Postby braggtastic » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:30 pm

That stinks Melissa. I hope you remember before the deadline. I can't say that exact thing has happened, but I do remember coming up with an answer in the shower and saying it out loud at least ten times so I would remember it when I could either write it down or type it in my email draft (am I the only one who keeps the draft most of the week or until I've answered everything?).
braggtastic

Postby melissa » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:22 am

braggtastic wrote:That stinks Melissa. I hope you remember before the deadline. I can't say that exact thing has happened, but I do remember coming up with an answer in the shower and saying it out loud at least ten times so I would remember it when I could either write it down or type it in my email draft (am I the only one who keeps the draft most of the week or until I've answered everything?).
(Bold mine)
No, I didn't remember, but in all fairness, I was in the ballpark but not in the right seat. Thank you!

Yes, I immediately answer the ones I know, then ponder the one(s) I don't. We're given a week to figure these out for a reason! :wink:
melissa

Return to Tuesday Trivia