Ken Jennings

Message Boards

Ah, Teenage Life!

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

Ah, Teenage Life!

Postby Bless One » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:25 pm

Hey Ken,

You were quite the inspiration too me on Jeopardy. I'm a high school student, and currently finishing up my exams (I have a Chemistry 12U exam tomorrow, and a Physics 12U one on thursday). I accepted an offer to Bio Medical Mechanical Engineering at the University of Ottawa. I have decent enough grades, and I make sure to leave time in my busy schedule to kick back and relax with my friends. I was just wondering what your grades were like, and what you took in university? What did you want to be?

Cheers!

8)
Bless One

Re: Ah, Teenage Life!

Postby Ken Jennings » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:01 am

Bless One wrote:Hey Ken,

You were quite the inspiration too me on Jeopardy. I'm a high school student, and currently finishing up my exams (I have a Chemistry 12U exam tomorrow, and a Physics 12U one on thursday). I accepted an offer to Bio Medical Mechanical Engineering at the University of Ottawa. I have decent enough grades, and I make sure to leave time in my busy schedule to kick back and relax with my friends. I was just wondering what your grades were like, and what you took in university? What did you want to be?

Cheers!

8)

First of all, you are from Canada. They are called "marks," not "grades."

Short answers:
1. "He always puts in the least effort required to get the A," according to one disappointed teacher at the time.
2. Double major: computer science and English.
3. I didn't think any of my college career ideas (game show contestant, writer) sounded very workable.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Return to Main Forum