Ken Jennings

Message Boards

Favorite anime

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

Favorite anime

Postby Lupin III » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:32 pm

Dear Ken ,What's your favorite Miyazaki films or anime besides Totoro?
Lupin III

Re: Favorite anime

Postby Ken Jennings » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:15 am

Lupin III wrote:Dear Ken ,What's your favorite Miyazaki films or anime besides Totoro?

The Totoro thing was sort of bull. He's not a good luck charm...he just hangs from my rear-view mirror in my car. But I was desperate enough for interview anecdotes that I just stuck him in my suit pocket that one time.

Totoro's great, but I'd say my favorite Ghibli is Spirited Away (but it's only by a nose, just ahead of Mononoke or Kiki's).
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby eightbitonline » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:00 am

I think Naussica and Mononoke are on equal footing for his greatest accomplishments. It takes a great filmmaker to revisit the EXACT same themes more than a decade later, essentially remaking the same film in a different setting, and leave neither film looking inferior to the other. Both those films are unforgettable, and it's so refreshing in cinema to see a moderate as the hero.

I'm also happy to see that the great Ken Jennings is a Miyazaki fan.
eightbitonline

Re: Favorite anime

Postby michele sim » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:04 pm

Ken Jennings wrote:
The Totoro thing was sort of bull. He's not a good luck charm...he just hangs from my rear-view mirror in my car. But I was desperate enough for interview anecdotes that I just stuck him in my suit pocket that one time.

Totoro's great, but I'd say my favorite Ghibli is Spirited Away (but it's only by a nose, just ahead of Mononoke or Kiki's).

!?
my whole life has been a lie!
michele sim

Return to Main Forum