Ken Jennings

Message Boards

Silly question

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

Cats or Cheese?

Cats
40%
Cheese
60%

Total votes : 15

Silly question

Postby WhitePhantom » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:20 pm

On another blog I found a burning (and silly) question I thought I'd pose to you: cats or cheese?

Cats. Cheese. There's only enough room on the planet for one of them -- and you have to decide which stays and which goes. Which do you choose and why? Now, you ask, why cats and cheese? Well, why not? People like cats; people like cheese. They're generally considered to be unrelated. Having to choose one over the other sort of gives you insight into your soul, about what's really important to you. Or, alternately, it's just fun to consider. Really, let's not pretend we're doing anything too deep here.

For clarity's sake, when we say "cats" we mean domestic cats; lions and tiger and cheetahs and such will still be about, so you don't have to worry about taking out a whole bunch of endangered species. When we say "cheese" we mean all cheese, even the stuff that comes out of aerosol cans and/or is spelled "cheez." It all goes.

Extra Credit: what's your favorite breed of cat and/or type of cheese?

http://journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/byt ... heese/7019
We have Lenny and Jimmy and me and...Faye.
-Guy Patterson on bass players
WhitePhantom

Postby econgator » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Cheese >>>>>>>>>> Cats.

Cats are annoying and I wouldn't miss them in the slightest were they to disappear from the face of the Earth. I would miss cheese (especially a nice, sharp cheddar) immensely.
econgator

Postby jaclyn » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:33 pm

I love all kinds of cheese, but the four cats that own me ordered me to answer "cat."
jaclyn

Postby MiniBen1 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:23 am

I wouldn't miss cats at all. Give me more cheese!

<-- Also a fan of a good sharp cheddar
MiniBen1

Postby Momma Snider » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:32 am

No piece of cheese has ever torn up the screen trying to get in, or the couch trying to get my attention. Nor has a piece of cheese ever missed the litter box, or made my eyes itch.

Baby cheese is not nearly as cute as baby kittens, though. But then cheese has the advantage of never growing up to be a cat.
Momma Snider

Return to Main Forum