Ken Jennings

Message Boards

Gates v Jennings/Rutter/Olmstead/Christy - Proof

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

Gates v Jennings/Rutter/Olmstead/Christy - Proof

Postby gameshowcongress » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:14 pm

Wikipedia has Gates net worth currently at about $53 billion, and for the sake of arguement lets add up the winnings of the crew pictured at the "Brad Company" blog today and double that amount rounding up a bit for a rough net worth of $18 million.

Thus the crew's net worth is about 0.34% of Gates. If Gates weighs 180lbs, then Jennings/Rutter/Olmstead/Christy weigh about 9.8 oz. So perhaps each of the group is the weight of one of the digits - maybe Brad gets the middle finger, Ken the index, Kevin the ring, and Nancy the pinkie. Or maybe some toes are also thrown in on the deal.

Of course, if Gates is evil incarnate, then his body density may be different from that of humans...
gameshowcongress

Re: Gates v Jennings/Rutter/Olmstead/Christy - Proof

Postby MiniBen1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:36 pm

gameshowcongress wrote:Of course, if Gates is evil incarnate, then his body density may be different from that of humans...

LOL! I almost fell out of my chair!
MiniBen1

Postby TheConfessor » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:41 pm

gameshowcongress wrote:Thus the crew's net worth is about 0.34% of Gates. If Gates weighs 180lbs, then Jennings/Rutter/Olmstead/Christy weigh about 9.8 oz.

I believe your math is off by a factor of 10. So maybe that group would be worth one of Gates's fingernail clippings.
TheConfessor

Postby econgator » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
gameshowcongress wrote:Thus the crew's net worth is about 0.34% of Gates. If Gates weighs 180lbs, then Jennings/Rutter/Olmstead/Christy weigh about 9.8 oz.

I believe your math is off by a factor of 10. So maybe that group would be worth one of Gates's fingernail clippings.

Aye. It's 0.034%, so that puts the group at just under an ounce.
econgator

Postby gameshowcongress » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:11 pm

I see - I went in with the hypothesis that the amount would be quite small in comparison, and then I confused myself thinking that it was about right. Thanks for catching that.
gameshowcongress

Postby Ken Jennings » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:14 pm

gameshowcongress wrote:maybe Brad gets the middle finger

Wow, you've seen those UToC outtakes? :)
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby stephaniejane » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:40 pm

was anyone else weirded out by the tiny-ness of Gates' pinky? compared to the length of his ring finger.... it seems very short.
stephaniejane

Postby ninjapirate » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:12 pm

Nah. You're just looking at it from a foreshortened viewpoint, almost right at the end of it. Then again, my pinkies are only about half as long as my ring fingers so I didn't notice any weirdness anyway.
ninjapirate

Postby stephaniejane » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:24 am

ninjapirate wrote:Nah. You're just looking at it from a foreshortened viewpoint, almost right at the end of it.

that's true.... he's doing his best conan o'brien impersonation.
stephaniejane

Return to Main Forum