Ken Jennings

Message Boards

Things I didn't know, and how I got there.....

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

Things I didn't know, and how I got there.....

Postby Cannon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:26 am

I'm guessing this is something that's fairly common with the people who frequent this place. You stumble upon a fact that you had absolutely no idea about, and the journey to that fact was a long and winding mess..... example.....

Whitney Mattheson used to write a column for USAToday names Pop Candy, which was a nice way to keep up on pop culture items that came in handy for Team Trivia. She was let go, and now she free lances.

Although I don't "follow" anyone one Twitter, I do check her Twitter feed occasionally to see what things she's clued into....

She posted about Darlene Love's final Letterman performance of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) which included video.

I watched the video and noted the size of the band, which included the entire CBS Orchestra and a whole host of others.....one member of the band is....

Will Lee, the bassist, always sort of "sticks out" to me because of his very blond hair and specific cut and his recognizability reminds me of.....

GE Smith, formerly the head of the SNL band.....

So I wondered what he was up to and looked him up.....read all about him all over again and noted that he was married to....

Gilda Radner, before Gene Wilder.

And I thought, "I thought I maybe remembered that, but maybe didn't," and then decided.... I don't think I ever knew that.

And so there I have my trivia fact of the day of "things I didn't know" with the 6 degrees of separation and how I got there.
Cannon

Return to Main Forum