Ken Jennings

Message Boards

Breaking Breaking Bad

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

Re: Breaking Breaking Bad

Postby WhoisMark » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Three years and change ago I asked on the J! Board and got a few responses: http://jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=385&start=32
WhoisMark

Postby willandbeyond » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:35 pm

RandyChong wrote:Adele, singer
Mabel Rea, Actress 1960
Rex Lee, Actor 2004
A.J. Lee, Actress 1999

Adele and A.J. Lee are good, but you have Rhenium (Re) in the other two.
willandbeyond

Postby ErWenn » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:08 pm

I wrote a little script to find some likely first and last names and then tested each of them on IMDB to see what came up. The only one I'd heard of that I found was Adele, but single names seem kind of like cheating. After all, there are at least 21 people on IMDB with the name "Dee". So filtering out the single-name people and those with only initials, I came up with the following list (some of which have been mentioned above):

Azed Majeed
Azem Elezaj
Dade Elza
Dédée Dédée
Dee Lee
Deja Dee
Emma Mead
Emma Zee
Jett Lee
Lee De Mae
Lee El
Lee Mead
Lee Meza
Maeda Maeda
Max Dax
Melle Mel

Many of them only have one credit or a handful of credits. Lee De Mae is quite *ahem* prolific, but unless you're a fan of films such as "Rectal Rooter 6", you probably haven't heard of her.

"Jett Lee" is not an alternate spelling, but one of many, many actors in Hong Kong cinema who have taken on (or been assigned) a name that's intentionally similar to that of a more famous actor in order to ride on their coattails a bit.

Melle Mel might not be a big shot on TV or in the movies, and I didn't recognize the name when I saw it. Turns out he's the first of the Furious Five, as in "Grandmaster Flash and..."

And the last member of note of my list is Emma Zee, who may not be a household name, but has served as a post-production manager for a number of major motion pictures, including both of the Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes films, The King's Speech, and Gravity.
ErWenn

Postby Bill » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:38 am

I found a Lea De Mae in IMDb, but I haven't seen any of her movies. Talk about breaking bad...
Bill

Postby marpocky » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:52 am

ErWenn wrote:The only one I'd heard of that I found was Adele, but single names seem kind of like cheating.

"Frozen" star Adele Dazeem would work.
marpocky

Return to Main Forum