Ken Jennings

Message Boards

MillionaireTV

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

Re: MillionaireTV

Postby Momma Snider » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:08 pm

I didn't know, and don't usually watch it, but now that I know, I will! I get too nervous when I do watch it, but I'm sure Ken will be fine.
Momma Snider

Postby TheConfessor » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:23 pm

SunnyMistyCat wrote:I hope so! Have you seen that clip from the episode on YouTube? It shows him winning $100,000 -- but it looks like he's used all of his lifelines! Soooo nail biting! I would not want to be in that position -- can you imagine the stress?!? Yikes!

Why not? What's the worst that could happen to you? Other than maybe getting hearing damage from Terry Crews's shouting. There are no "losers" on the current version of the show. Everyone leaves with more money than they came in with. RetroGoodLuck to Ken and his +1.
TheConfessor

Postby TheConfessor » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:31 pm

FYI, there's a new online interview with Ken about his WWTBAM appearance. Spoiler: Millionaire is harder than Jeopardy in some ways, and Ken has strong opinions about cookies. The interviewer says he is in one of Ken's books, but does not elaborate. I liked the part about them inviting Ken to be in the Guinness Records theme week before checking whether he was actually in the book. I bet that didn't happen to the guy who set the record for spitting ping pong balls up into the air and catching them in his mouth. So far, there doesn't seem to be much correlation between being in the Guinness book and being good on a TV quiz show, so there's a lot of pressure on Ken to change that perception.
http://www.buzzerblog.com/2014/11/13/bu ... -jennings/
TheConfessor

Postby Momma Snider » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 am

So totally not the place for this, but my brother-in-law, Kenny Kaas, and all five of his kids just made the Guinness Book of World Records for the most family members to complete an IronMan. Two of the kids' spouses also completed it, but the Book didn't count them. I guess six was enough to set the record.
Momma Snider

Return to Main Forum