Ken Jennings

Message Boards

ESPN Classic Trivia Day Marathon

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

ESPN Classic Trivia Day Marathon

Postby JD » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:23 am

Who would have thought that a sports cable network would dedicate a day to trivia?

(I freely admit I could never Stump the Schwab, though. These lists and questions are hard-core.)
JD

Postby cadams35 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:20 pm

Really? What day is it?

BTW, I love Stump the Schwab. I can usually get 40 to 50 percent of the lists right and about ten to fifteen points in the final round, but the score is from all the questions and not just, say, the Schwab's.
This is not a signature.
cadams35

Re: ESPN Classic Trivia Day Marathon

Postby IndySOG03 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:22 am

JD wrote:Who would have thought that a sports cable network would dedicate a day to trivia?

I dunno -- it kinda makes sense to me. Sports is probably one of the most trivia-laden areas of leisure thanks to its emphasis on statistics, as well as its impact on culture (Nick Saban's coaching change was mentioned on at least on major network nightly news on Wednesday). The great part about it is that you can have ridiculously easy questions (who won last year's Super Bowl?), or something a little more difficult to remember (who scored the final run in the 1992 NLCS, and who got the RBI?), or even the downright obscure (Who was the starting point guard on Vanderbilt's men's basketball team in 1999?).
Forever in a constant struggle to find the perfect signature.
IndySOG03

Re: ESPN Classic Trivia Day Marathon

Postby econgator » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:34 am

IndySOG03 wrote:or something a little more difficult to remember (who scored the final run in the 1992 NLCS, and who got the RBI?)

I was actually in Atlanta that day. I found out in the evening that they had actually put a thousand or so extra tickets on sale that morning. I would have loved to go to that game ... to see Francisco Cabrera drive in Justice and Bream to beat the Pirates. :)
econgator

Return to Main Forum