Ken Jennings

Message Boards

So, what got you into trivia?

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

Re: So, what got you into trivia?

Postby gameshowcongress » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:19 am

Although I was often home "sick" from school during the mid to late 70's in part to catch the plethora of game shows on TV, my trivia foundation is the CU Trivia Bowl http://www.cutriviabowl.com/about/history/. The first week that I experienced it in 1980 I was hooked on trivia. There was a chance to watch games live in the Glenn Miller Ballroom between and after classes, but by Friday the room was so packed for the finals that I had to grab a room in another building and watch on closed circuit TV.
gameshowcongress

Re: So, what got you into trivia?

Postby Momma Snider » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:04 am

I'm only into trivia inasmuch as I like to marvel at the brains of you people who can hold all this information. I have a small reputation at work as the one who "knows everything" (in a good way) but I am nowhere near the league of most of you. I was a young mother in the 70s, and I watched game shows most of the morning, while doing housework and taking care of the kids. My oldest son's first multiple-syllable word was "Bobarker" because he loved "The Price is Right." When he was a little older, he also used to say, when asked to do something, "I will, right after these messages!"
Momma Snider

Return to Main Forum